- Natives for Your Neighborhood – Choose the right plants for your ecoregion with the help of this tool, which features recommendations for South and Southwest Florida.
- Designing Our Future: Sustainable Landscapes (American Society of Landscape Architects) – How homeowners and communities can connect their properties into networks of attractive, wildlife-friendly neighborhoods, cities, and regions.
- Find your local Florida Yards and Neighborhoods Program (FYN Homeowner Program) – Click your county on the map or select your county from the dropdown menu to view website and contact information.
- 9 Principles of Florida-Friendly Landscaping (FFL) (FYN Homeowner Program)
– How to have a low-maintenance, attractive and sustainable landscape.
- Florida Yards and Neighborhoods Handbook, 2015 (PDF) (FYN Homeowner Program) – detailed information on the nine Principles of FFL.
- FFL Guide to Plant Selection & Landscape Design (PDF) (FYN Homeowner Program) – Landscape design strategies, a planning worksheet, and the FFL Plant List. Companion to the FYN Handbook.
- Steps to Converting a Traditional Development Landscape to a Florida-Friendly Landscape (University of Florida IFAS Extension) – A three-phase/seven-step process to planning and planting your Florida-Friendly Landscape.
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping (Southwest Florida Water Management District) –
Videos, advice and workshops.
- Homeowners/Community Associations (Southwest Florida Water Management District) – Contacts and resources for associations and boards.
- Waterwise landscaping website (St. John’s Water Management District) –
Searchable database, landscaping examples and plant groupings.
- Know your irrigation contractor (Florida Irrigation Society) –
What to expect from an irrigation contractor.
For landscape architects and maintenance professionals
- Sustainable Site Initiative – A comprehensive rating system to measure the performance of sustainable landscapes and elevate their value.
- Summary of Florida Green Industries Best Management Practices for Protection of Water Resources in Florida – A booklet to enhance professional knowledge of turf and landscape managers.
- Green Industry-BMP Training & Program Overview – A science-based educational program for lawn care and landscape maintenance professionals.
- Low Impact Development – A type of smart growth that simultaneously conserves green space and manages stormwater effectively.
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping – Professional’s Corner – Stories from landscape companies, builders and developers who are embracing low-impact landscaping.
- The Florida Water Star program – A voluntary certification program that encourages water efficiency in irrigation systems and landscapes.
- International Sustainability Council Audubon Landscape Program (Audubon) – Provides direction, technical assistance, public attention, and national recognition for landscapes that incorporate conservation techniques.
- Sustainable Landscaping (American Society of Landscape Architects) – Browse design case studies, then access animations and resources on sustainable design.
- Florida Irrigation Society – Promotes sound irrigation practices.
- Invasive Plant Management Plans (UF Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants) – Plant management plans by species, common name or scientific name.