Establishing a wildflower garden from seed is easier than you’d think, and now is the time to get started. We’ve made it easy for you with these resources:
- Visit the Florida Wildflower Foundation YouTube channel to watch a two-part video on Florida’s wildflowers and establishing a small garden from seed.
- Learn which wildflowers are right for your location and soil and about the many benefits of growing Florida native wildflowers.
- Download a step-by-step handout on the process of preparing a bed and planting your seeds.
- Purchase native ecotype seeds (right) through the Florida Wildflower Foundation web store or our partners at the Florida Wildflowers Growers Cooperative.
- Once your garden is established, apply for recognition through the Wildflowers, Naturally! program.
Remember, you can beautify your corner of the world with native wildflowers while making a difference to Florida’s natural future!